Minutes of Residents Meeting on 25th February 2015

Information regarding past and upcoming meetings

Minutes of Residents Meeting on 25th February 2015

Postby Pendhome » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:57 pm

The minutes of the general meeting of the Victoria Wharf Residents’ Association held on
25 February 2015 at the Association’s meeting rooms Roma building
.
Committee Members present: Mark Pendleton (MP) – chairman, Phil Clarke, Brenda John, Clive Upjohn
Residents present see attached signed list of attendees. It was noted that there were attendees from each building in Victoria Wharf excepting Ravenswood.
Apologies
Brian Kay

Introduction of committee members
The committee members present were introduced by the Chairman MP.

Approval of the minutes
The minutes had been displayed on the notice boards in each block (and are to be displayed on the website) and were approved by those present.

Matters arising
Matters arising have generally been included in the report on committee activities.

Hyperoptic
A resident (Neil Barnes) said that there were notices on all the boards with fliers to enable residents to register their interest for this service. It is intended that if sufficient sign up then wiring will be enabled to all flats through ceiling spaces and will not be visible. There does not to be sufficient registrations and Neil asked for residents to register it does not commit them to taking the service. It was mentioned that other telecoms developments might enable wireless access to TV but that this was still in the pipeline.

Report on committee activities and details of committee walk round the development

1. LED lights were being installed through the development. The installation costs are being met from reserves. Ongoing costs will be less impacting favourably on future service charges.
2. Pigeons are an increasing nuisance. A cherry picker has been hired to clean ledges where they can be reached, scaffolding will be used to reach other parts. Graeme Richards (GR) to be asked to highlight that residents should not feed birds.
3. Internal painting of blocks – Cambria, Catrine and Ravenswood are next on the list. A resident commented that the external render looks shabby in places. Committee to raise with GR.
4. The garden decking will have notices erected to warn residents that it is slippery.
5. Interior lift lights that are not working are the responsibility of Kone to fix.
6. The walkround noticed a large number of bikes chained to various places in the development. We have asked that obvious wrecks should be removed.
7. Bags are not routinely left in Alexandria and Beatrix bin rooms, residents present asked that this should be done.
8. It was agreed that the dogs signs as presently erected could be made clearer to ensure that dogs should be kept on leads in the confines of the development. Dog mess seems to be less of an issue but that could be the time of year!

Any other business raised by residents at the meeting
1. There had been a problem with concierge replying to calls from Alexandria requesting entry. There also seems to be a problem with the Telehawk entry system. Committee to enquire.
2. The ongoing problem of the use of vehicle spaces for long term parking and for vans was mentioned. Residents wondered if a system of parking permits could be introduced. The use of an 0870 number by the parking company would be raised. Also contractor cars caused an obstruction in the Roma car park recently, the affected resident wondered if a yellow hatching could be added to the floor to remind drivers not to obstruct her car. A resident also reported she had asked Concierge if she could park in a particular place and after getting permission was then ticketed by the parking company.
3. A resident reported problems with the water quality. The committee will investigate if water is stored in tanks and the procedure for cleaning the tanks.
4. A resident reported one balcony beside the river walkway was piled high with furniture and another had several large gas cylinders evident. Committee to check and refer to GR.
5. It was reported that the foyer of Alexandria has had litter left for a period of days last week. Committee to investigate.
6. The committee confirmed to residents that the river walkway and Watkiss way are still unadopted by the Council so are not the responsibility of the site management to maintain.
7. Lights are not working on the walkway making it unsafe at night.
8. The piling noise was mentioned and it was noted that it was likely to continue for another 3 months.
9. A resident mentioned Cyd Cymru, (collective energy). It was agreed they would speak to BJ.
10. Right to manage was mentioned but noted that it requires a company to be set up to organise it.
11. The meet and greet was mentioned and it was hoped that another might take place as it had been enjoyed by all the residents present who had attended.
12. The next general meeting to be held in approximately 3 months. The date will be notified in due course.
Meeting concluded 8.45 pm.
Pendhome
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:35 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Return to Meetings / Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron